Top 10 List about David Letterman’s Departure and Then Some
May 18, 2015
10. I didn’t watch it regularly. It was on too late for me.
9. It was too-a-lot-of-other-things, too.
8. No need or room for those here.
7. Still, endings are endings. I hate good-byes.
6. So I’ll be watching his final show because
5. It’s a last. A happening. A milestone event. Plus Letterman’s been touching me lately with his authenticity and sharing what’s in his heart. I loved the Jane Pauley interview.
4. And my prince and I will just be getting home from “The King and I.”
3. My neighbors will kill me if I sit down at my piano and play the score
2. So I’ll whistle a happy tune and turn on the tube
1. Hello Young Lovers, Shall We Dance?
Are you sad, mixed, or indifferent about Letterman’s departure? Are you a Letterman fan? A fan of old Broadway musicals? Do Rogers and Hammerstein make you burst into song? What about Frank Loesser? Lerner and Lowe? What show tunes are Something Wonderful for you?
I covered a LOT of ground and asked a whole lot of questions. This is one of those blogs. Feel free to share your answers about more than one of the above in the comment section below.